Monday, January 23, 2012

tunnel vision

I am full of great big hard things to write about and empty of blog-sized topics.

When I get energy to make something, I find it's -just- to make something, not to document it or share it.

And my parenting days. It seems like I'm holding them to close to me right now. Challenges, sleepless nights, a garage that looks like The Room of Requirement and is in desperate need of some Fiendfyre (and yes, Thank God, I had to look up how to spell that.)

We have all of that going on, we are still here. Making chore charts, doing spelling homework, changing diapers, gardening, feeding chickens, making pies and socks. Watching Sherlock and Downton Abbey.

I am just narrowing down these days. I have exactly -so- much energy for social engagement, and I can't spend it all in one place.

1 comment:

amnordgren said...

From the depths of my heart, thinking of you and yours.