Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day


My Mother's Day actually started last night, with the delivery of my traditional Mother's Day Vodka. It continued this morning with coffee in bed, and a card on which Wren wrote her WHOLE NAME for the very first time! Then there were breakfast tacos from Dan's, followed by brunch at Grandad's house with donuts from Mrs. Johnson's. Those are always phenomenal, but really they are way better at midnight than at 11:00 a.m.

Anyway, I hope everyone's Mother's Day is similarly awesome. Mine is about to go way downhill with another dog shampooing, followed by homework. But this homework is the last of my graduate career, so that's a definite upside. I still have my practicum left in the fall, but I am also about to have a lot more free time. Yay summer!

2 comments:

-- chase said...

Wooo!!! Congratulations, Kate! You're the best.

Aud said...

i love that you started off with vodka. my kinda gal!