Monday, May 4, 2009

May WIPs


More legwarmers! I know but these are pink and brown and white, and COTTON, the most important part for babies, since it means breathable and washable. I make these all the time because they are portable, easy and useful (you don't have to pull the pants off a baby to change the diaper).


The yard! I was at the hardware store to buy supports for my miraculous tomatoes (that can apparently grow in the shade!) and I couldn't resist this little guy. I also got some sort of super glue twist tie set up that is supposedly going to train my crazy vines to the patio. I have my doubts. Jane is equally suspicious.


And here is what I've been working on with some of my new fabric. Mostly it's old scraps, with some new worked in. These are blocks for the log cabin quilt I'm making for Jane.


It's sort of messy and disorganized, and inspired by all the incredibly beautiful log cabin interpretations I've been seeing around.

I love the log cabin patternless pattern so much- it's so simple, it uses up all your scraps, it's involved without being overwhelmingly busy, and it has that comfortably cozy feeling of something that's been made this same way for generations. I have made six blocks and I have six more to go before I have to decide how I'm going to quilt it. I may have to buy a darning foot. and try free motion quilting for the first time. Rachel has been experimenting with it on her new machine and her results are truly beautiful.

No comments: