Thursday, July 30, 2009

Strawberry Scones


It has been a long time since I've made scones. Years. I used to make them all the time, and I guess maybe I burned out? Maybe I no longer have the patience for cutting cold butter into dough if there's not a pie on the other end of it.


Enter the food processor. In my personal kitchen economy, I balance the labor of making something by hand against the hassle of hand washing whatever contraption I would otherwise use. So the food processor and the stand mixer don't get that much play. I'd rather have the pleasant (tedious) process of a pretty bowl and a wooden spoon, when the other option is quick baking, followed by the nasty hot process of wrestling big sharp heavy slippery objects in the sink.


But this morning, kids + scones = food processor. And if I save some scones for Chase, maybe he will do the dishes when he gets home.

No comments: