Monday, December 8, 2008

Done with School!

One Semester to Go!

And then a practicum. But still- I'm so close!

In celebration of the fact that I do not have to think about libraries until mid January (except in the context of paying my always pricey fines) here are some pictures!


Wrennel swinging- sorry it's blurry. I love this picture. It's one of those rare photos where it feels like you can really see what she's like. Such a funny wonderful person.


It's hard to take a non-blurry picture these days. Our kids are all over the place. This is going to be a really fun Christmas. I need to get my act together, now that I'm out of school, and finish (or start...) making their Christmas presents. Jane, of course, will rather play with wrapping paper and boxes, but oh well.


At one of the bagillion McDonald's stops on the way home. This one had water pooled inside the playscape, so there were lots of wet knees, socks and bottoms when we got back on the road. Overall, a thirteen hour roadtrip with 4 kids is roughly as hellish as you'd think, but it went as well as it could, under the circumstances. As Sarah said, "This is a success because I didn't say anything unforgivable to a family member, and I don't have to do it again for a year." So yeah. It went well.

As I post this, Wren is in the bathroom, playing a mournful tune on the harmonica while pooping. It's pretty awesome. I imagine this is the kind of disclosure that Wren will find in a google cache at 15, and use as justification for running away to join the circus, but oh well. Really though, probably every kid in her high school will already have so much embarrassing/incriminating stuff on the internet at that point that it will be a non-issue. I hope.

1 comment:

-- chase said...

Hooray for the end of the semester! Good job, honey.