Friday, December 18, 2009

School's Out

And we have been pretty busy here. We're packing for our trip to Denton this weekend for my graduation (HURRAY!) but that means that we have to have Christmas more or less locked up by the time we leave (at 5AM in Saturday morning).


So there has been a lot of this:


Fueled by a lot of this:


I've been having occasional (okay, frequent) freakouts about not having enough time to tackle all of our slow-life-simplified-handmade-oh-my-god-if-I-have-to-go-to-the-craft-store-one-more-time-I'm-going-to-ram-someone Christmas. Last night, after I had thrown a roll of butcher paper across the room and stomped to the kitchen to make a gin and tonic (THANK YOU TIM) Chase pitched in (If you're my Aunt Franny, stop reading now):


If you don't stop reading, Merry Christmas! It's Chloe! The warbling basenji. I took a sneaky photo of her on our last visit to Beaumont, and Chase did everything else:


There he is proudly displaying his masterpiece. Actually that expression is more like "My God I am so tired. When are you going to stop taking pictures and let me go to sleep?" Merry Christmas Hon! Only one more week of living with a crazy person to go!

No comments: