Thursday, February 26, 2009

On the table tonight...

While Chase blogs and listens to "Girlfriend in a Coma" which I think of a the soundtrack of living with Richard...

"Gully-gull" (that's Wren speak for "girly-girl") purple and pink house fabric, all cut and ready to be a school bag.


Some actual homework- Change, Academic Libraries, Change! And some parenting homework- school registration, waivers, and shot records. I haven't ever talked about immunization debates much, but I'll say that LA was a significantly different parenting community in that way. Austin will be laid back about a lot, but not immunizations apparently.


I am anti-deadly diseases, in general (Oregon Trail training) and I'm so grateful that these medicines mean I don't have to worry about diphtheria. However, I don't think it's so insane if I want my doctor to talk to me for a minute, work out a spaced out schedule, answer some questions. Hey, this government mandated handout says to let you know if my child has a seizure, non stop crying for 3 hours, a 105 degree fever, or you know, permanent brain damage, after these shots. Can we talk about that for a minute?

What preservatives do you use? OH, NONE? SO YOU JUST WHIPPED THIS TETANUS UP IN THE BACK ROOM?

I don't like to be blown off, bullied and bullshitted by my doctor, so we're looking for a new pediatrician, if anyone has any recommendations.


In happier news, there are more babies with due dates approaching, and so I'm revisiting this whole cloth quilt again, to see if I can make it look any better. I like the brown and red together, and I like the look of the red on white for the back. Maybe some redwork embroidery would spice things up?

1 comment:

-- chase said...

Tetanus in the back room? I know, I know, it's serious.