Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Birthday Skirt


I made the lazy days skirt for Wren, for her birthday. It was a great pattern, super easy and FREE and I see a lot more of these little skirts in our future. Wren wanted hers to be extra long, "long enough to touch the floor so you can't see my feet." That's not actually that practical, for preschool day-wear, but I did make it a good bit longer than I would have otherwise. She really likes it, and I think the pinkish butterfly fabric was a good compromise between Wren's preferences and my tastes.

I made her a swing smock too, but she hasn't really been into that much. Maybe the next time we paint something...

2 comments:

-- chase said...

I love this skirt. When she wears it I always think of the stereotypical Dutch girl.

jessie said...

The dutch girl who flamenco dances (see picture).