Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Hat Fail, Cuteness Win

So I made a hat for Wren yesterday, no pattern, just kind of winging it. And I decided to add little ear warmers, and then I decided to just add some I-cord, what the heck, go ahead.. and then I realized I had made a small wool blend football helmet, circa 1917. Wren was not impressed.


"22-42-hut" or whatever the heck they say. I obviously have no idea. This is approximately 3 seconds before she ripped it from her head and threw it on the floor. Hoping to salvage something, I tossed it in the washing machine with a pair of jeans to felt it. After all, Jane's head is still slightly smaller than Wren's, and she's not so picky. But apparently I forgot the -blend- part of wool blend. Whatever this yarn is, the majority of it did not come from an animal, so no felting. Chase kindly offered to wear it under his bike helmet in the winter- that has been the fate of all my "this has been a terrible mistake" hats. Including the great hat nipple debacle of 2005. Oh well- two lessons in this- run my wearable ideas by the intended wear-ey, and ALWAYS BUY WOOL.

No comments: